Across the street from the cabin there are some neighbors that have goats and llamas, and so of course we had to go check them out. They would eat grass right out of your hand--it was better than a petting zoo.
Not too far from the cabin there is a stretch of river bank that is nice and sandy where we went to get some sun and let Miles have a dig.
Another fun activity was having a bon fire. We sat outside roasting marshmallows and talking for at least two or three hours.
Things we did that didn't make it into pictures: Sean and I swam across the river and went off a rope swing into the water; Benjamin studied for hours; we all floated down a calm stretch of the river in inner-tubes (really wish I had a picture of Miles in his life jacket); and we all napped and ate far more than usual. It really was an ideal way to spend the holiday and relax--just what we needed to make it through the last two weeks of survival until the bar exam!
Very uplifting pictures. I review them almost daily. I look forward to next years festivities. Grampa J
ReplyDelete