Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

This week we had so much fun celebrating Halloween. On Monday night there was a neighborhood party we attended. We got there late so we missed out on some of the activities, but Miles got his face painted and absolutely loved jumping in the bouncy house. On Tuesday night, we did our annual pumpkin carving. Miles wasn't crazy about touching the pumpkin "guts," but was happy to oversee the carving and still has to stop and look at the pumpkins any time we walk out the front door. Wednesday night was the funnest of all. Miles was really excited about wearing his costume (Bob the Builder) and really got into trick-or-treating-- it was a several minute decision to pick what candy he wanted every time someone lowered a candy bowl for him to look into. He got scared at one house that had a bunch of spooky decorations and haunted music playing, but other than that thoroughly enjoyed himself. After one trip around the block (which took close to 45 minutes) we headed home and Miles helped hand out candy to trick-or-treaters that stopped by our house. I was so grateful that my shift was canceled (I was supposed to have to work at 7pm on Halloween night) so that I could spend this special time with Benjamin and Miles. It was by far the most fun I've had at Halloween in a long time!






3 comments:

  1. Miles is the cutest! Glad Halloween was fun for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting ,fun informative post. I felt like I had gone with you. What fun! Miles's costume was perfect! He's such a grown up boy! Thanks for sharing! Love Grammi. Looking forward to my next Pic o.t. Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you updated your blog. Looks like you are having a great fall. Congrats on the baby Shelly! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete