This darling boy turned 3! It is strange how it feels like yesterday that he surprised us all by coming a week early on the day Benjamin took the bar exam, but at the same time it feels like a long long time ago.
At three years old Tommy has become the biggest sweetheart! He is so affectionate, often giving me hugs and kisses unsolicited and telling me "I wuv you, mom." Whenever I tell him, "I'm so glad I'm your mom," he responds by saying, "I'm so glad I'm your Tommy." Up until recently I frequently called him Bubba, but lately he has become adamant that "My name is not Bubba, it's Tommy!" He is a very sensitive boy and gets his feelings hurt fairly easily, although he is generally very smiley and happy. We've found that with his sensitivity he requires more gentle discipline and he's usually fairly quick to obey (at least for a three year old boy...) When he is upset a hug is usually is the best way to cheer him up. He absolutely adores Miles and is his constant shadow throughout the day. He frequently copies Miles and parrots what he says, which bothers Miles and leads to frequent arguments. They have become good playmates, though, when Tommy isn't smothering Miles and Miles isn't antagonizing Tommy... Tommy is an extremely curious boy and as a result gets into mischief on a pretty regular basis. He is a fast runner and seems to have a natural agility and athletic tendency that makes me wonder if he has athletics in his future. He desperately wishes he could go to school and misses getting to go with me to Miles' class for volunteering. He loves Legos, dinosaurs, building forts, reading books, playing computer games, playing pretend, and playing outside, especially digging in the sandbox. His favorite shows are Curious George (a family favorite) and Tumble Leaf. He loves to eat any sort of noodle/pasta dish, fruit, and raw vegetables (will hardly touch cooked). He is *mostly* potty trained, and has pretty much given up napping. He is a good helper and likes to assist me with cooking and cleaning. He has become interested in earning money and we have given him assigned daily jobs around the house (setting the table, making his bed, cleaning his room) to earn allowance.
Tommy is a constant source of joy in our home and I am so grateful for the sweet little boy he is! Happy birthday, little man!


No comments:
Post a Comment