Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pretty baby





Love this beautiful girl. We had a big scare with her last week in which she terrified us by falling off the kitchen counter. She was sitting up there in her Bumbo seat [foam chair for babies learning to sit up solo] while I cooked dinner. I turned around for literally a second and for the first time ever she pushed back in it and over she went onto the hard floor! It was terrifying although she seemed mostly okay other than really really angry and then kinda dazed (there wasn't even a mark on her head). Benjamin and I were both just too worried though so we took her to the ER at Primary Children's Hospital where after vomiting once she then proceeded to smile at everyone and act completely happy and normal. All they did was observe her for 3 hours and said she probably had a mild concussion. Needless to say, I felt like the worst mother ever and we won't be putting the Bumbo anywhere but the floor now. So glad she escaped unscathed from this scary incident. I'm holding her extra close and saying extra prayers of gratitude this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment