So lately Miles has added some new hilarious faces to his repertoire. For one, he tucks his lips inside his mouth and then smacks his mouth open and shut, sort of reminiscent of an old man without dentures. I have yet to capture this beauty on film. The other I finally was able to photograph, as seen below. When he makes this little sort of lip-puckered face he usually makes a hooting "who-whoo" sound to go along with it, and it reminds me of a little owl or pigeon. They both make me laugh every time.
This weekend we got to see my parents and Cami and her boyfriend Sean on Sunday. They spent almost the whole day with us and it was delightful. I'm annoyed with myself, though, because I somehow only managed to take one picture. I did make cinnamon rolls for everyone for breakfast though, which reminded me (as it does every time I make them) why I don't make them or any yeast bread from scratch very often: they are EXTREMELY time consuming to make. However, they were delicious, and I'm not going to lie, I ate probably 5 of them within 24 hours, so they undoubtedly will be made again. Maybe even general conference weekend.
So this is the lone photo that I took on Sunday. Thanks to his Grandpa and Dad, Miles loves to be thrown in the air, swung by his feet, somersaulted, etc., and a particular favorite is bouncy shoulder rides. As you can see he has really figured out holding on. He loves to get a good solid handful of hair and run them around like he is holding the reigns of a trusty steed. He also very generously provides his steed with a shampoo spit-bath at the same time, which is not appreciated nearly as much as you would think.


Man alive, I definitely have the cutest nephew in the world! I'm so sad I'm not there to see his new faces, though, getting to see the pictures was great. Getting to hold him today and see his new faces and pigeon sounds and person would totally be worth a drool shampoo bath!
ReplyDeleteThat cracked me up!! As do most of the pictures of that sweetest boy!!! I can't wait to get my mitts on him. He can give me a spit bath anytime!
ReplyDelete