Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's that time again...

Teething time! Miles has been absolutely terrible at night for the past few nights, waking up multiple times (about every 1-2 hours) throughout the night. Last night I (foolishly) thought, oh, I'll just let him cry and he'll wear out and fall asleep. WRONG. Instead he would wear our, quit crying for a few minutes, then either start right back up immediately, or else doze off only to wake up in an hour and cry again. Poor baby. I think we all slept less as a result of this attempt to let him self-sooth. I gave up half-way through the night and just went in immediately every time he started crying instead of waiting to see if he could go back to sleep on his own. We won't be trying the cry-it-out method again until I'm sure this bout of teething is over. We did wake up this morning to find a nice surprise--his top front left tooth has broken through the gum! It looks like the top right tooth will be following it soon. Hopefully that means this round of teething will be over in a couple days.

Other news I've failed to mention. My brilliant, handsome, hard working husband has been hired as an intern for the summer! (This actually happened a couple weeks ago, but I keep forgetting to post it.) It's working for a solo-practice family law attorney, and the guy actually had Benjamin start work already. Although family law is not Benjamin's dream job or what he plans to go into after graduation, the internship should still offer him some valuable legal experience and the pay is good to boot! Way to go, Benjamin!

2 comments:

  1. So great about the job(internship) and so sorry about the teething! Poor mamma and baby Miles! I swear teeth never end! Did you give him any Advil? It usually works for our kids for at least 6-8 hours. I hope now that one has broken through he sleeps better. Aspen somehow got 6 at once a few months ago-how is that possible? Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the teething! And congratulations to Ben!

    ReplyDelete