Today was Miles's first birthday (and yes, spellchecker, that is the correct possessive of Miles. Benjamin looked it up for me to make sure. Looks weird, though, huh.) In most respects it wasn't too exciting of a day, as Miles already had a birthday party in Michigan with the Onofrio fam and has another one happening on Friday with the Johnson fam. We didn't even get to go swimming this afternoon like I'd hoped because a random afternoon thunderstorm suddenly exploded on our way there. I did take a few pictures though, of Miles opening presents and playing in the sprinklers, only to find afterward that the memory card was not in the camera and not a single one was saved. Dang it! I had to put some picture of the sweetheart on the blog for his birthday, though, so I went back and was looking at the pictures from when he was born and found this:
Beautiful, huh. I still get all choked up and emotional looking at the pictures from when he was born. Does that ever go away? Benjamin always teases me me when I'm being super sentimental or a worry-wort about Miles and says that he's sure by baby #2 I won't even care about stuff like that any more. I hope that's not true, although I wouldn't mind looking at Miles's picture without blubbering.
Although it's Miles's birthday, I think this post needs a picture of these people, also:
Have I told you that my mom is the most amazing mom anyone could ever ask for? If I turn out to be half as good of a mom to Miles as she is to me, I will feel pretty good about the type of mother I am. I couldn't have asked for a better example of what I'd like to emulate in motherhood.
I don't know how anyone survives being a single parent. Benjamin has truly carried me through the hardest times this past year. He can always (usually) make me laugh and help reign me in when my worry gets out of control. I'm so glad I'm doing this with you, Benjamin!
Happy Birthday Miles! Sorry, I've been spelling it Miles' all along. I'll fix it. He is such a sweet boy and I don't think the sentiment goes away no matter how many children you have.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! i know exactly how you feel! I still get like that with baby photos too!!!! Miles is so adorable!!!!
ReplyDelete