Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Michigan Trip 2011

June 30: arrived in Union City at 2am to find Benjamin's parents and Tony and Anna had waited up for us!


July 1: Fishing for the men. Benjamin's dad showed the boys how it was done.


And a fabulous early birthday party for the big boy thrown by a doting Grammie and Auntie Anna.


Seriously, have you ever seen a more beautiful baby?


Cake time! Delicious carrot cake hand made by Grammie.


Miles seriously didn't know what to think of it. He was afraid to stick his hands in it at first.


With a little help he figured it out. However I think he liked throwing it around more than eating it.


Bunny comes to help clean up. Miles is willing to share.


July 2: South Haven on Lake Michigan. My first time there but it's an Onofrio tradition to go in July every year. Miles still wasn't feeling too great (he started the trip with an ear infection) so he was a little grouchy but he definitely perked up at the beach! Takes after his mother...




July 3: Sunday, so we spent it resting and enjoying family. More of Mom O.'s family came over to play games and visit. Benjamin has an awesome extended family!


July 4: Headed Up North to see Uncle Tim and Debra and Kelly. I came prepared to take millions of pictures and say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's summer cottage since last I'd heard they were selling it, only to arrive and find out Uncle Tim was inheriting it and it was staying in the family! Somehow in my excitement I managed to take no pictures during the time I was up there.


July 5: Miles and I hit the beach on Lake Charlevoix. And of course lots of napping and eating.


July 6: Headed back south to see Uncle Marty, Aunt Suzanne, and Cousin Courtney (Marty said I was old enough I really didn't need to call them "Aunt" and "Uncle" anymore! Yes--I've finally arrived at adulthood!)


Miles was in heaven at their house. Courtney has literally hundreds of awesome toys and Miles tried out every one. And the way he climbed all over Courtney and cuddled right up I'm pretty sure they've known each other forever.


July 7: Out to breakfast with Suzanne and Courtney.


Then on to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house.


Here Miles is wearing the sweater that his great great grandma Kirchner (Grandma Johnson's mom) crocheted before I was even born. Grandma Johnson is passing it down to us and I'm so honored!

For dinner that night we went to Tim's house.






July 8: Back to Utah.

It was such a wonderful trip overall. Both of our families are so amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole time we were there. They could almost convince me to move to Michigan...anyone know any law firms hiring there?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were all able to come. Perhaps you can come next summer too! Thanks for sharing the "Up to North" pictures of family. I happy one of your childhood family memories can continue. Miles will be one of the "big " kids next summer! Love you wish you were still here. If you're serious about Michigan. . . . "Things will work out...they always do" Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete