| In the bird-bath tonight |
Friday, December 23, 2011
Meet our hummingbird, Miles
Miles is sick. In spite of my obsessiveness over hand washing and staying away from ill people in an effort to avoid being sick for Christmas, Miles managed to pick up a bug somewhere and now has a nasty cough, runny nose, and bouts of wheezing where he nearly sends me into a panic attack. So far we've been able to avoid the doctor, mostly because minus his symptoms, Miles acts like he's healthy as a horse. Benjamin says he's like a hummingbird--he can be awake half the night coughing but then the next morning is still up at 7:30 chomping at the bit to get out of bed and whiz around the house, jumping on the couch, dragging out all the toys, scaling the kitchen table, undecorating the Christmas tree, and ripping up a magazine all before lunch. This hummingbird has a tight schedule! Even though my job makes me ultra paranoid (today I really couldn't help it-- I gave in and used our kitchen scale to weigh his diapers so I could watch his urine output. I promise I'll wash the scale before you come for dinner...), I've decided as long as he isn't looking deathly ill and is running around with such vigor he probably is okay. I just wish there was a way to get him to slow down and rest a little!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
maybe its something with onofrio boys...mine won't sleep either. so frustrating.
ReplyDelete