Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Recap

Benjamin graduated! He is now officially an alumus of the S.J. Quinney College of Law. I am so proud of him!




Benjamin's parents flew out from Michigan to cheer for Benjamin. To celebrate we threw a big party in the backyard, and I am proud to say I did basically all the cooking for about 25 adults and several kids myself (minus a bit of very much needed help from my mom, Benjamin's mom, and Aunt Sandae) without having a nervous breakdown.

Besides graduation, we've had just a lovely, leisurely month. Benjamin has had more free time which is great because the two "horsies" in the house can now take turns being ridden more often. Studying for the bar will continue to get more rigorous as July approaches, and filling out applications is still taking up some time, but anything seems better than law school!
We've been to Wheeler Farm twice this month, once with the Onofrio fam and once with the Greens. To be quite honest Miles doesn't care much about the animals--he just runs from tractor to tractor taking turns driving them all. I have about twelve pictures that are identical except for the color of tractor Miles is driving. 





We've also been to the park a lot, at least three or four times a week actually.

Miles will stop and smell literally every single patch of flowers we pass. It is so endearing to watch, and he truly is teaching me to slow the pace of my life as the saying goes.

His favorite stop in the park is the usually the water. He'll play in any water you let him near--the hose, buckets, the sink, and if you're not careful the filthy duck pond, the toilet, stagnant puddles, etc.

This sweet picture was taken at Red Butte Garden near our house where we went with our buddies the Greens recently. I have about 5 pictures of Miles and Lyla on this swing, and in each shot one or the other of them is looking away! Another funny story about the Greens: they have an adorable baby named McKay, whom we call "Baby Mack," and I guess we've been spending a lot of time with him lately because I've been catching Miles calling other babies Mack at random.
Miles just loves to be outside. He will be completely content just digging in the rocks or dirt in the back yard for a good 30 minutes, which is equivalent to several hours compared to how long he usually will be entertained with an activity. We also go on a walk usually every day, stopping to look at interesting plants, rocks, animals, and of course the front-loader that is working on the neighbor's yard down the street. He can't get enough of trucks!
Love this boy!







3 comments:

  1. Just wait till he rides in grandpa's razor 4wheeler this summer with his dad. Wonderful pics to keep my morale up. I just dream of all the stuff Miles will do with his grandpa in a couple of more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a really wonderful weekend. Shelly, you Should be very proud of your self, too. You guys have done an amazing amount of work together. I am proud of all of you. Thank you for the best visit ever. Everything was grand! I loved reconnecting with Miles, working out with you and seeing Benjamin grasp this latest brass ring. Proud just doesn't say enough!!!! Thanks you for all you do! Miles and Benjamin are very fortunate guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again to Benjamin! What a fun little boy. Miles, I mean. I am just starting to get a taste of this boy thing---I've always heard moms say they're so different and I'm now finding out for myself. Lucy would just sit in my lap and we could read a book, Noah wants to be pulling out the pages. Wish you were closer so we could get the kids together to play. Someday I know we will make it out to Utah. We might be dropping Lucy off at BYU but hey, we'll make it. :)

    ReplyDelete