Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Grandpa J.
This past Friday I received the news that my Grandpa Johnson had passed away that morning. It really wasn't a shock--he had been fighting Parkinsons disease and kidney and heart problems for a long time and after seeing him in August you could tell he was just plain tired. People get like that, you know, so tired looking, even babies and children, when they are ready to give up the fight. To be honest, I wasn't really too sad when I heard the news of his passing because I knew he was ready to go and had had a full and vigorous life, and now he finally can rest from his physical ailments and be reunited with his loved ones that passed on before. I know he deeply loathed how he became physically limited over the past couple of years, and I know he is now probably up running the sidelines coaching a football game in Heaven. He was a very fun and loving grandfather, and although I didn't get to spend as much time with him as I would have liked, I am comforted to know that I will get to see him again some day and finish hearing his outlandish stories and his instructions for how to drive, boat, ski, swim, play shuffleboard, shoot a gun, get A's, calculate a tip, or perform any other number of life skills. I am so so glad that I had the opportunity to see him in August and give him a few last hugs before he headed for the next life. I meant to post these photos of the family a while ago and never did, but seeing how they capture some of the final moments I got to spend with Grandpa I think it is worth sharing them now. Here's to you, Grandpa. We will miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









So sorry to hear this Shelley!!! I am so glad that you have the knowledge that you do and that you will see him again! It is cute how much Miles looks like him(which isn't a shocker since I think he looks a lot like your dad). Hope you are doing ok and sending my love your way!
ReplyDelete