First off was the Governor's Christmas party. It was at the Governor's Mansion which is a huge really old home where the governors of Utah have lived for over a century. It was really fun to see the inside of it (I love me some old houses) and did I mention there was a chocolate fountain with every delicious thing you could possibly think of to dip? Oh, and I guess we also got to rub shoulders with some VIPs like Governor Herbert and other high-ups in the community, too...
Miles and I decorated gingerbread houses. He was really into it and was very thoughtful about where he put each piece of candy. I was only allowed to squirt frosting as he directed and had to leave all the candy placement to him.
We made our annual trip downtown to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. It is definitely one of the wonderful highlights of living in Salt Lake. It was much more enjoyable this year, too, because Tommy was happy and Miles was very excited but did really well staying with us while we walked around (last year mostly consisted of us chasing him through the crowds).
For my work party there was an ugly sweater theme, but I didn't plan ahead well enough so when I went shopping at D.I. on the day of the party these were the ugliest sweaters I could find. They were really pretty hideous, but when we got to the party people had really gone crazy with the idea and made their own custom ugly sweaters. We didn't come anywhere close to winning the contest for the ugliest. The sweaters were not the only awkward thing about the party either. I'll just say that I certainly don't look at some of my coworkers the same after seeing them after a few drinks...
It wouldn't be Christmas without cookies!
And of course we went and saw the Big Guy. No tears this year!




Nice photos and post- have fun this week with the Onofrios, and Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete