-29.5 inches long (84 percentile) and 21 lb 7 oz (62 percentile)
-crawling! He started crawling in mid-November and is also now pulling himself up to cruise around. For the past month the poor boy's face has had intermittent bruises from head-butting the furniture when he falls or is knocked down by his brother.
-Still loving breast feeding! I have to admit that I am starting to look forward to having a little more freedom in a couple of months when I can start to wean him, though.
-Typically only waking up once over night. Since his weight percentile has been declining slowly but steadily his pediatrician has recommended that I keep feeding him once in the night if he wakes up and seems hungry. On occasion he does sleep through the night and it always feels like I won the lottery when it happens.
-showing off six teeth! Four upstairs and two downstairs. I suspect he will have two more on the bottom within the next week or two, though, because for the past several days he has started waking up at night extra times which is what he did the last couple of rounds of teething.
-A happy happy boy! He is generous with his toothy grins, and seems to genuinely love being around the family. If I leave the room he usually quickly comes crawling after me. He still loves to be held and cuddled and is mama's boy in the very best sense of the word.
-Learning words! When he crawls after me wanting to be picked up he always cries, "Ma, ma!" and a few times now while eating I swear he has been trying to say more as "Muh, muh!" To be quite honest it is really hard to tell with babies this little if they actually know a word, but it certainly is fun to listen to the baby talk!
-Pretty bald with some thin strands of strawberry blond finally growing in! I gave in and gave him his first haircut last week. Before the haircut he basically had grown a mullet with long sides and almost no hair on top, and when it stuck out he looked like an adorable mad scientist. I let it get a little bit ridiculously long before cutting it because I wasn't ready to come to terms with the fact that he was old enough to need a haircut. I have to admit that he is quite handsome with his new trim, though! Look-out, ladies!
| Before |
| After |
No comments:
Post a Comment