We celebrated this little man's first birthday on Saturday!
We had spaghetti, which seems to be Tommy's favorite food. Today when I warmed up the last of the spaghetti left-overs for our lunch I first attempted to just give Tommy the noodles with cheese because I didn't feel like dealing with the mess. When he saw that I had sauce, though, he started yelling and pointing at my plate and wouldn't calm down until he had the real deal on his tray. Don't be fooled by the fair skin and blue eyes--he's got Italian on the inside!
Of course there was cake. Tommy didn't seem to mind that it didn't involve fondant, intricate frosting to look like a cartoon character, or even any sort of cake-topper. I am grateful that the boys haven't yet realized that I'm not that crafty of a person...
He did enjoy the chocolate. That would be my genes being expressed : )
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry, too, if they put this
hat on you!"
And of course there was great company. We squeezed all of my side of the family into our little house and were sorry we didn't have room for more. We would have loved to invite everyone we know to celebrate this wonderful little boy's birthday. We love him so much!
(Miles took most of the pictures in the collage. Not bad for a three year old!)

No comments:
Post a Comment