Saturday, September 19, 2015

Farm Boys

For Aunt Amy's birthday we all went raspberry picking at a little patch down in Payson. The boys were in heaven and ate the berries as quickly as they could pick them.


Cousin Eli and Tommy

Mr. Miles

Tommy




Mr. Miles

The boys enjoyed it so much a couple of weeks later I took them to Day Farms and they picked even more raspberries along with a giant bushel of other vegetables. The boys were seriously good little pickers and I had to make them quit picking before they wanted to stop because I had no idea what I could do with any more tomatoes or peppers. In an effort to prevent wasting any of them I finally learned to bottle salsa, jalapeno jello, and raspberry jam with the help of the internet. The boys even helped me make the jam and salsa and were such good helpers in spite of the fact bottling took way more time than I expected. I love when we can find activities like this where we can all have fun having new experiences together and work on developing new talents and interests.





Tommy



Miles


Peeling tomatoes to make salsa.

Love my hard workin' boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment