Monday, November 30, 2015

Showered with Love

One wonderful high of November was the baby shower that my very dear, very talented friend Rachel threw for Elaine and I. She made all these lovely decorations and the wonderful food, and I sadly  managed to forget pictures until it all was over. I will just say many good friends and family members were there, and I felt truly loved. 



There was one tender mercy around this time that I want to always remember. Julie Grant, a friend of mine from church was pregnant at the same time as I was but having a boy. She and her husband knew this baby would be there last, so she generously gave me literally boxes and boxes full of like-new and sometimes even unused baby girl clothes that had belonged to her now 4 year old daughter. I appreciated it at the time, but when Benjamin lost his job 2 weeks later her gift suddenly seemed so huge. Thanks to her generosity, along with the many gifts from other friends, I found that I would not need to buy Elaine a single item of clothing for months. What's more, in late January as I was folding and putting away all these clothes to prepare for Elaine's birth, I was struck by the overwhelming feeling from the Lord that everything was going to be fine. It was like the Lord was saying, "Look, I knew a long time ago Benjamin was going to lose his job. I'm going to take care of your whole family just like I took care of providing Elaine with all she would need. I see the end from the beginning, and it's going to be okay." It was one of countless small miracles during that time that buoyed my spirits and also carried our family through what could have been a financially terrifying time.

No comments:

Post a Comment