Miles started Kindergarten this fall! With his birthday being in late July we had the option to keep him home for one more year, but I knew he was ready. Can you tell how excited he was?! I know some mothers cry when they drop their kindergartners off for the first time, but I could hardly feel sad seeing the joy on his face as he headed off.
Miles is on the right side of the center table
All ready to go inside on the first "real" day without parents!
His teacher is Miss McGary and overall he seems to like her pretty well. She runs a tight ship (how can you not when you are responsible for keeping order and teaching 25 five year olds?) but she seems to sincerely care about the kids and tries to make learning fun. We are now half way into the school year and I'm so impressed with all that Miles has learned. He's picking up reading quite well (although he refuses a lot of the time to read to me), doing basic addition and subtraction, and recently has become an expert on penguins and Antarctica. It's such a joy to watch him grow and progress!




No comments:
Post a Comment