Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Half-Birthday, Baby!


Today Miles is six months old! We went and saw Dr. Lam for his next round of immunizations and well-baby check-up, and as usual Miles received a clean bill of health. He was 18.75 pounds (75th percentile) and 28 inches long (95th percentile)! Benjamin and I are so proud of him, you'd think that he had just been pronounced a child prodigy or something instead of just finding out he is growing normally. It is amazing the things that bring pure joy as a new parent. Tonight I was giving Miles a bath and he was splashing and giggling and making me laugh and I was so sincerely filled with joy it was almost overwhelming. It makes me truly feel sad for people who are unable to have children or who have them and don't see them for the gift they are. They are really missing out! I hope I always feel so appreciative of my children whether I have one or fifty.

As a tribute to Miles' half birthday, here are photos all taken within the last month, with the exception of the first one, which was taken the day he was born.



Miles, you may never remember the first six months of your life, but I will never forget it! I love you! Happy half birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Shelly, how are my kids going to live up to Miles' cuteness?! haha

    Here's the link to my blog since you said you couldn't find it: http://nevadgabond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my MR. Miles! HaPPY HAPPY HALF BDAY BABY!!!!!
    Love GMOM

    ReplyDelete