Monday, May 23, 2011

Journal-ish post, i.e., lots of text

Noteworthy in our lives right now:

Miles is sleeping through the night again!! Halleluiah! After a bad, lengthy ear infection, teething, and traveling with no respect for his usual bedtime, Miles had become a mess in regard to sleeping. But for about two weeks straight he has been sleeping through the night again! And not only is he sleeping through the night, he goes to bed with very minimal assistance now. We do his usual bedtime routine with jammies, teeth brushing (notice plural--he has 4 and two halves now!), etc., and then I snuggle him for just a minute and then lay him into his bed with his favorite bear and he will cuddle it until he falls asleep. It makes me laugh when I think about the bear that has become his "lovey." It is a cute little stuffed bear that his Grammie sent him for Valentines Day that is wearing a red and pink fleecy sweater, not the type of stuffed animal you would usually envision a little boy dragging around (though it was perfect for Valentines!) I started putting it to bed with Miles,though, because he used to always fall asleep clutching onto my hair and the second I would untangle his fingers from it he would cry and cry, and this little bear's hair is closer to the consistency of my hair that his other stuffed animals so it has been the perfect substitute for him to rub his little fingers through as he falls asleep.

My mom, Tina, and I threw Cami a bridal shower last week. It was all rather rushed and hectic because not only in general that has been the nature of Cami's engagement (she is having a 5 or 6 week engagement is all), but I also had to work two nights in a row the night before we had it so I was cramped for time to prepare things. Fortunately, my lovely sister and amazing Mom came over and saved my butt and the party. My mom especially is good at preparing large quantities of tasty food quickly and making it look like she slaved all day. Everything miraculously came together and I think (hope) Cami and her friends enjoyed themselves. I know I had a good time.


The lovely bride-to-be and one of her friends


Tina and old family friend Emily Fox


Mother and Emily again...can you tell we like Emily? Somehow I managed to get multiple pictures of her and not a single group photo of Cami, Mother, Tina, and me. Poor Mother in this picture has been run ragged. I had her buzzing around helping me so much she didn't even have time to get cleaned up for the shower like she wanted to, though I still think she looks radiant.

Also note worthy is that we went to Moab over the weekend. I am too tired to do more tonight but I promise lots of fun photos and stories are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment