Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moab and Arches National Park

Finally I'm getting around to posting the Moab pictures. I figure I better do it tonight since tomorrow we leave for California for Cami's wedding and will be taking a ton more pictures there. Anyway, overall our Moab/Arches trip was a HUGE success. We had perfect weather for hiking in the high 70s, low 80s. Our "camper-cabin" (read: large wooden shed with electricity, a small fridge, space heater/AC, and a 30 year old mattress) was everything we could need or want for our first attempt at "camping" with Miles (especially for only $35/night). And most importantly of all, Miles was a SAINT and seemed to truly enjoy the trip. He tolerated the 4 hour each way car ride well (although I did have to ride in the back for quite a bit of the trip to entertain him). He slept well at night in his pack-in-play and loved riding in his backpack during the day. He was generally cheerful in spite of not getting his usual 2-3 hours of naps each day. In fact, some foreigners on a couple of different occasions asked if they could take a picture of him while he was riding around in the backpack. I'm not sure if they just had never seen such a contraption or had just never seen such a beautiful, happy little boy, but I would like to think it was the latter. The backpack was pretty amazing, though, or at least Miles and Benjamin agreed it was. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma J! Couldn't have enjoyed a weekend like this without it!














Ok, fine, this last one isn't of Benjamin and Miles, but don't you see the resemblance?

3 comments:

  1. that looks like so much fun!!!! Miles is adorable and your pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought the same backpack 2 months ago when we we went to Arches...although we did the hotel thing. Glad you had fun. Miles has such pretty blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so brave. I'm glad you guys had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete