Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wish they all could be California girls

Last week Miles and I enjoyed a trip with my family to California for one last hurrah before my dad leaves for his deployment to Afghanistan this week. (Poor Benjamin had to stay home to study for finals. Again, law school is a fun killer). We flew into Orange County and spent three days enjoying the gorgeous sunshine and beaches in the area. My favorite beach: Huntington. Favorite town: Lagoona Beach. If money weren't an issue, I'd move there in a heartbeat. The sunshine totally recharged my battery which was lingering near zero with all the snow/cold/gloom lingering this spring. And it was so so nice to spend time with my family as usual.

Here are some highlights from the trip:

Lovely Newport Beach




Miles with Grandpa and Grandma


Playing on the beach





I think this was the highlight of the trip for Miles: eating an E.L. Fudge cookie for the first time. Can you tell he liked it?

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love that messy face. And the beach. I hear you-I could forgive spring for all this if we get a nice hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Miles is a doll! I love how your dad looks so proud of Miles(so cute)! Miss you and lets get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete