Sunday, June 12, 2011

All the monkeys at the zoo

Went to the zoo yesterday. It was absolutely insanely busy. I guess everyone else was thinking the same thing we were--summer is finally here! Lets do something outdoors! We met some of our good friends from Provo there, the Houts. Unfortunately the camera's batteries died after taking only a couple pictures. We didn't even really make it to the animals before it died because we stopped first to ride the carousel that was near the zoo entrance. All we have to show from the visit is this:



There honestly were so many people there I felt like I didn't get a good look at hardly any of the animals, and it didn't help that there were three babies under age two between our two families so we had to keep the pace clipping along to make it through everything before anyone got grumpy. I would definitely like to go again, just during the week maybe when it's less busy. And next time I think I will skip going into some of the indoor exhibits. Especially the ?bird/reptile? house...the smell in there was so bad it made the monkey house smell like a rose in comparison. Although I don't think all the sweaty, stinky visitors crammed together in the building helped the smell, either...

1 comment:

  1. boo for the busy zoo. Cute pictures though, your little guy (and big) look so happy. :) someday...when you're here for time in the summer we'll have to take to the Toledo Zoo. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete