Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wedding Bells

Cami and Sean's wedding was beautiful. There was such a spirit of love there. I think you can feel it even in the pictures. Cami was more calm and peaceful that day than I had seen her in weeks, in spite of the rain that caused the reception to move inside at the last second. Everyone kept telling her "Rain on your wedding day is a good omen for your marriage." I think they were right...Cami and Sean sure looked happy!

Waiting outside the temple after the sealing ceremony for the bride and groom.
Our little family


Tina and her old friend/new squeeze Shaylen


My beautiful mother. Doesn't look old enough to be mother-of-the-bride, does she?


Presenting Mr. and Mrs. Shoemaker!



The women in my family are always beautiful, but don't they just glow when they're happy?


The newest version of the Johnson Clan, minus Daddy who we all missed terribly


The professional photographer was taking pictures at this point, and told us to "show some leg."


The combined Shoemaker and Johnson families


Cutting the cake. Cami's cake was amazing...I think she had four different flavors and I have to admit I had a piece of each. One of the few wedding cakes I've had that was as tasty as my own wedding cake.


The newlyweds first dance


The bouquet toss. Sean's little sister caught it.


The get-away car.



I think they're going to be very happy.


Attending weddings always makes me think about my own wedding. A lot of the details of the day I'm sure I've forgotten. I won't ever forget kneeling across the alter in the temple from Benjamin, though, and having my heart feel so full I thought it might burst. At the time I never thought I could love anyone more than I loved him that day. It's funny, though, because we've been married 4 1/2 years now and my love has grown a thousand times beyond what it was then. I can't imagine how wonderful our love will be in 50 years. Thanks for being the man of my dreams, Benjamin!


3 comments:

  1. The first photo you with Benjamin & Miles is a great family photo! I'm glad the wedding turned out great, as sometimes family weddings can be quite dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Cami! She looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there!!!! I agree about the rain! It rained on our wedding, and even though I was devastated- I do think it is a good sign! I have had such an easy and happy marriage! You and Cami both look beautiful on your wedding days and Tina and your mom look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete