I know it's sort of annoying when people don't consistently blog and so when they actually get around to it's info overload, but it seems like that is the sort of blogger I've become. Enjoy, anyway!
We made it to the state fair on Saturday. I always enjoy walking around and looking at everything, and it was even more fun this year to watch Miles's reaction to all the animals and other interesting sights.
I know any of you who've ever had children of your own have probably seen this before, but it still is a little startling to me to see just how even one little kid can make it appear that your house has been taken over by nesting rats. This is what our kitchen looked like a week or two ago by the time Miles went to bed. Benjamin usually always cleans up from dinner while I get Miles to bed, but this particular night he had too much school work to do and couldn't, so this is what greeted me when I exited Miles's bedroom. I just wish you could see more clearly how dirty the floor probably was. In the other two pictures I'm pretty sure you can guess where those items Miles is holding ended up when he decided he was done...Yep, the floor!
These last photos were taken in our backyard a couple of nights ago. We have an apple tree that produces the cutest little apples which Miles absolutely loves. He will gnaw on one until it's just an unidentifiable chunk of core left. I have to explain a couple of the pictures, too. I know it seems mean to put a picture of your kid screaming on your blog, but Miles has started to develop quite the little temper and was furious when I set him down and suggested he walk. He actually can walk now and will take a few steps on his own here or there (the most I've seen him take is about 5), but if you try to encourage him at all he becomes outraged at the suggestion and refuses. I wonder where he gets that trait of not liking to be told what to do... Also I love the picture in the top left where he's standing. It captures just how big his noggin is in comparison to his body, which I think is an Onofrio trait. Hopefully it means he's got an extra large brain in there like his daddy!



I love that big noggin headed boy. And, I love the screaming picture...I'm mean.
ReplyDeleteI love them all. Love you all. I hope he remembers us when we see you all again! How about a video of Mr. Miles moving about if you get the chance? Thank you for the posts.(Loved every observation you made:) I know you all are really busy. Forget about the mess. It's just stuff. You can always go back to that, it will still be there. Babies just keep on growing... Miles's hair is SO "big boy" Miss you bunches.
ReplyDeleteIf you think that kitchen is messy you shouldn't look at my house. I have given up on having a clean house as it only stays clean while my daughter is sleeping and hubby is away. Cute photos :)
ReplyDeleteI love all of your pictures!!! Miles is so cute!!!!! We need to hook up, we hit the local fair and love Discovery gateway(I have pass there). I think I could get you in free. Once it cools down, lets meet there. You are such a cute mom! I love that you took a picture of the kitchen. I hate mealtime with 3 kids. I feel like I never stop cleaning and wish I could feed them intravenously. It is so great to record all those moments though because someday we will miss dirty floors!
ReplyDelete