Highlights this past week for Miles and I were swimming at the aquatic center, the church Christmas breakfast party, chilly runs in the winter sunshine (LOVE this about Utah), a trip to the aquarium, and baking and delivering Christmas cookies around the neighborhood. For Benjamin the week consisted of "reading days" (i.e. no class, just prep time for finals), so although he was busy studying it was really nice to see him around the house a little more than usual. By some miracle I was able to stay home on voluntary call for both of my shifts, so it was a particularly enjoyable week since I was able to spend that extra time with Miles and Benjamin. They are the loves of my life and although I enjoy my job it is so hard to spend that time away from them for work.
 |
| The baker. He LOVED playing with the dough and helping cut out the cookies. |
 |
| You can see how seriously he takes his job in this picture. Doesn't he look like he's about four years old here? Where has my baby gone? |
 |
| Miles really is a cuddle bug. Gramma was laying on the couch and Miles climbed right up and wanted to snuggle. He'll do this with anyone in the family. This picture is from last weekend, when Gramma and Grampa came to babysit while I worked and Benjamin was gone in Michigan for Grandma Patty's funeral. |
 |
| Snuggling with Daddy. |
Other news from the Onofrio nest: Miles is learning new words almost every day! He now consistently says cheese (his first word), cars (new this week!), Daddy (not Mommy, ever :( ), cookie (also new this week), hot, cold, no (but not yes), hi, Jesus, carrot, wow, and cup. He also waves hello and goodbye, blows on his food to cool it off, runs around like the dickens, can bark like a dog and neigh like a horse, and is the most curious little boy I've ever seen. He loves taking things apart to see how they work, coloring, cooking, swimming, reading books, dancing to music, and doing anything outside. He is getting to be a good listener and loves to help with everything I do. He makes every day an adventure, and I love being his mom!
being a mom on it's worst day, is still the best job in the world. He does look so old in that picture. He's such a big boy now. Sounds like you're enjoying getting ready for the holidays.
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much Please hug Mr. Miles for me....over and over again... Love Grammi
ReplyDelete