Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Our Starfish



This big boy just finished his first session of swimming lessons! I tried to get him to hold up his certificate from class, but he was cold and dancing around and being silly. I honestly had pretty low expectations for what he would get out of the class, but it is really important to me that my kids all learn to swim and I knew he would enjoy it so we signed up, and he actually improved a lot! He already had no fear of the water and would gladly put his face in, but now he will swim down under the water to grab rings and can even propel himself forward for several feet after jumping off of the edge (although it does look a lot like a dolphin having a seizure because his movements are so spastic. The first time I saw him do it I nearly jumped into the pool myself because I thought he was drowning, no joke. If he hadn't put his feet down and popped his smiling head up at that exact moment I would have been in the water. Now I just laugh every time I watch him do it.) Another funny tidbit from the class was that Miles always appeared to be in his own world because he couldn't hear from his earplugs (he still has tubes in his ears). The teacher would give instructions and the other kids would all enthusiastically do what she asked, and Miles would be off to the side practicing his dolphin seizures totally oblivious. I thought it was adorable. So proud of my little dolphin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment