Tuesday, November 18, 2014

And in October...

Yes, we did stuff in October, too.

We went hiking again, this time on the Elephant Rock trail in Mueller Park. The kids got tuckered out before we made it to the rock, but while we were stopped to have a picnic before turning around a whole herd of deer (probably around 12) passed us, which was probably even cooler than making it to the rock. Ever since then Tommy has been enamored with deer.


We went to the new-ish Thanksgiving Point Museum of Curiosity which is probably the coolest children's museum I've ever been to. Favorite exhibits were making music with percussion instruments wired to a computer, and a giant rope course suspended in the air. I'm sure I was quite the sight chasing Tommy through the wobbly nets.


Flying the airplane at the top of the ropes course.


We drew with chalk a lot. Have I told you yet that the boys and I couldn't live without our wonderful backyard?


Also, did I mention that Miles is getting very good at writing? 


We played outside a lot as the weather was very mild most of the month. We've had lots of fun exploring new parks in the area since we moved.



 Of course we had to check out the construction vehicles in our neighborhood some more. I have no doubt Miles would have climbed inside this excavator and tried to fire up its engine if I had let him. He often tells me he wants to be a construction worker when he grows up, along with a scientist, doctor, and monster truck driver. Not sure what career incorporates all those interests, but dreaming big is good, right?


We met darling cousin Micah. Poor baby had to stay in the NICU for a week after he was born but both boys were mesmerized when they finally got to meet him. He is SO sweet and lovable!


And of course, we played at the park some more. These boys are the original busy bodies! I was worried about winter keeping us cooped up, but it snowed a little the other day and we just put on warm clothes and boots and they gladly ran ran around outside. So bring on the snow, Winter! We'll meet you in the backyard!


No comments:

Post a Comment