We had the usual Halloween fun this fall (I know it's nearly mid November now I'm posting...I'm just glad to finally be getting around to it!)
We went and checked out a new pumpkin patch in Farmington. It was by far the warmest day we've ever been out picking pumpkins.
Of course we had to carve the pumpkins.
Miles's preschool class put on an awesome Halloween program for us. Here he is with Ms. Sue, his teacher who we all love.
If you have four minutes it's totally worth watching their songs. I personally was grinning with pride through the whole thing like he was a soloist at the Metropolitan Opera or something.
We got to go to the annual Halloween party at the states capitol that the Governor's office puts on. There is always a yummy lunch and the Governor hands out books to all the kids and then they trick or treat all around the capitol to the various offices. Tommy kept trying to open and each piece of candy as it was put in his bucket. (About the boys' costumes: Miles was insistent since September that he wanted to be a skeleton, and we chose a dog for Tommy because he LOVES dogs. He gets so excited around them that it almost makes me feel guilty we don't have one, but only for a second.)
Of course on Halloween night we had to do even more trick or treating around our neighborhood. We went with some neighbor friends and had a blast in spite of the fact that the neighborhood is very hilly and the boys had to really earn their candy.
Thanks for your hard work trick or treating, boys! Dad and I have sure loved eating your candy!






No comments:
Post a Comment