We made a trip to Hee Haw Farms to pick our pumpkins from their patch. It was crazy hot and felt more like mid-summer than fall, but that didn't slow the boys down.
They even got Benjamin to ride the gunny-sack slide. I was off the hook being pregnant and bigger every day...
Of course we carved pumpkins. Miles did not want to cooperate and have his picture taken.
The morning of Halloween North Salt Lake had a family fun run that we participated in. Miles was highly motivated to do all five laps so he could win all five prizes. He is highly motivated if a prize is at stake!


For trick or treating we decided to take it easy by going in Grandma's neighborhood in Centerville. Our house is literally on the side of a mountain and so walking around our neighborhood involves all down and up hill. As a bonus we got to trick or treat the cousins (which I somehow sadly missed getting a picture of). Miles is a "creeper" which is a strange sort of four-legged creature from a computer game he and Benjamin play called Minecraft. I think the only people who understood his costume were some boys age 10-14 that we occasionally passed. Tommy was conveniently interested in being a (hand-me-down) dragon. I think they would have walked all night gathering as much candy as possible if we hadn't forced them to quit!
Another funny Halloween memory is that earlier in the month we decided to have a family Halloween movie night. I did some research about Halloween shows appropriate for small children and we decided on Scared Shrekless. Miles was terrified by the time it was over! Definitely a parenting fail. The only other Halloween show we watched the rest of the season was Curious George's Halloween Boo Fest. I'm the biggest chicken so I guess Miles gets it from me : )



No comments:
Post a Comment