Thursday, March 3, 2011

Favorite things

Can't think of anything interesting from today that I want to post, so here are some of my favorite things.

Baby things:
1. Desitin, extra strength. I put it on Miles' bum with every diaper change he hasn't had a speck of diaper rash the whole time I've used it. I'm pretty sure we use the exact same thing relabeled (and probably twice as expensive) at the hospital.
2. Binki clips. This is going to be a standard gift that I now give to first time moms at baby showers. Miles's gets used every day--it's the only thing that keeps his binki off the floor, which is where he likes to toss everything else these days.
3.  Amazon.com. I order all my diapers and wipes from here, and they are a screaming deal (cheaper than costco, walmart, everywhere) if you do subscribe and save and join Amazon Mom (which is free to do). I've also bought countless other baby items from there for cheaper than anywhere (a changing table, carseat, toys, etc).  I also get free two day shipping with Amazon Mom, and they are awesome about returns. I seriously would do a commercial for them for free.
4. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. By far the most helpful book I read about helping Miles sleep. It totally caters to my research-based way of thinking. 

My things:
1. Body butter from Bath and Body Works or the Body Shop. My hands get so so chapped from work, and putting this stuff on before I go to bed at night is the only thing that saves them.
2. Flip flops. I am an extremely casual person, and get so sick of wearing socks and shoes. I am one of those ridiculous people who will try to still wear flip flops in winter until finally the snow forces them back into the closet. Is summer here yet?
3. Icecream. Wish I had some now...

Things to do:
1. Travel. Anywhere. Will someone please tell Benjamin that it is possible to travel with Miles?
2. Run. Went today, in between rain showers. Timed it perfectly to stay dry, which was a good thing since Miles was leading the way in the stroller. Rocky Balboa couldn't have had a better trainer than that kid--he's getting HEAVY!
3. Eat, and therefore cook. I've realized that although I am willing to eat most things, I am actually pretty picky about what I prefer to eat. I like fruit, vegetables, and carbs a lot. Most meat I could live without.
4. Watch youtube videos with Benjamin. Sounds lame, I know, but we always find the funniest things, and Benjamin always makes hilarious comments. Before he started law school and Miles was born, we would sometimes stay up super late just wandering around the internet watching goofy videos or finding new music we liked. Which reminds me...
5. Listen to music. I miss having the energy and friendships of youth that once provided me with a diverse and ever-expanding collection of amazing music. I feel like I always listen to the same stuff now days.
4. Be with my family. They are my best friends. All my other favorite things pale and disappear in comparison. 

Places:
1. Hawaii. If you've never been, you should make it a life goal even if it requires huge sacrifices. It is the most beautiful, thrilling, amazing place I've ever experienced.
2. Up North, in Michigan. The weather is gorgeous in the summer and the lakes are beautiful, and the times we spent at my grandparent's cottage there are so special. Lots of time at the sandy beach on Lake Charlevoix, barbeques, the old pontoon boat, reading out on the patio.
3. The beach. Any beach.
4. Anyplace outdoors actually. I love the desert, the mountains, the forest. Seriously, is summer here yet?

3 comments:

  1. When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad..I simply.....and then I don't feel, so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you also get all the amazon diaper & baby store coupons? I get all my diapers from Amazon for free & $10 off all baby items I buy. I LOVE amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of my favorite things..I must have done something right somewhere to have such beautiful sweet kind smart girls in my life.....

    ReplyDelete