Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year we again spent Thanksgiving in Elko and were so blessed to again have all my family together for the holiday. In the usual Johnson fashion we spent the weekend eating, napping, playing games, and then eating again. One of the highlights of the weekend was a family trip to accompany Amy through the temple for the first time. It was particularly peaceful to go there after learning of the passing away of Benjamin's Grandma Patty on Friday, as it is such a good reminder that our lives do not end when we die.  I am so grateful for my own family and for the knowledge that I can be with them forever and that we can all see our loved ones again someday.



Sweet Grandma Patty with Grandpa Louis and Benjamin, Thanksgiving 2007 








The newly weds (their first Thanksgiving--awww!)
Mother and Amy, who will be in Russia next Thanksgiving!
Tickle Time
Daddy--we will be missing him next Thanksgiving as he will probably be in Afghanistan again

I really love these guys


I think I'm the luckiest woman ever.



1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I love Thanksgiving. I'm so glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete