Where is the time going...On April 26th Tommy had his two-month birthday! (I realized after receiving an email from my Grandma that my last post about him being two months was not very clear...Tommy was eight weeks old on the 23rd, which for some reason equated in my mind with being two months old, but since he was born on February 26th he technically was not two months old until the 26th. Anyway...) We had his two month check-up with the pediatrician that day and here are his stats:
-Weight: 13 lbs 9 oz, 97th percentile
-Height: 23 inches, 75th percentile
Overall he is filling out very nicely! Love the double chin and rolls on his legs that are coming out. At the doctor's appointment the poor guy had to get 5 shots because there is a shortage of a vaccine that usually combines three of the immunizations, but he did just fine after some extra cuddling and Tylenol. Along with doing measurements, shots, and talking about the usual developmental stuff, Dr. Schriewer and I also discussed Tommy's eyes. Although normally by this age babies' eyes have "yoked up" (as my dad puts it) and started to look around in the same direction, Tommy still has an intermittent disconjugate gaze, or basically a little lazy eye. Fortunately it seems to be getting somewhat better, although when he is tired it still wanders. If in one to two more months it hasn't corrected itself he will have to go to the opthamologist, and probably will have to wear a little eye patch. Although of course I am hoping it will fix itself without intervention, I have to say if it comes down to wearing an eye patch it will make Tommy the cutest pirate I have ever seen!
At two months old Tommy is smiling and cooing, though he is happiest in the morning and gets increasingly difficult to coax a smile from as the day goes on. He is a generally happy boy. I think so far he is a little "easier" baby than Miles was, although perhaps maybe it's just easier the second time around no matter what. Although he still wakes up to eat 2-3 times each night, he is not too difficult to get to bed in the evening and quickly returns to sleep after his mid-night meals. He still has very little interest in taking a binky, but likes to sleep swaddled. He still really loves to be carried around in my Moby wrap, but is also starting to remain content for longer periods while left alone while awake. He is starting to get into somewhat of a self-directed sleep schedule with a long nap in the morning, cat naps in the afternoon, and bed-time around 8. Honestly I couldn't ask for an easier, sweeter baby and I am so grateful that he is ours! Now if only I could get a picture fast enough to catch that fleeting smile with eyes open...(also, do you see his dimple? I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!)

No comments:
Post a Comment