Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Tommy is 4 months!

It's hard to believe but another two months have flown by and Tommy is now four months old! We went to the pediatrician last week and were not surprised to find out that he is a big boy for his age. He weighed 17 pounds (90th percentile), was 27 inches long (97th percentile), and had a head circumference of 16.5 inches (50th percentile). I just love that he is getting some nice little rolls on his legs and has a chubby little double chin (he needless to say is a very good eater!). At four months old, he is becoming very generous with his smiles and is very interactive, cooing and gurgling. I love his big toothless grins with his adorable dimple! He is always smiling in the morning when I come in to pick him up and I just adore it. He can roll from front to back (though he infrequently does it) and is really trying to sit up on his own though he can't unsupported (he does love the Bumbo seat! Hoorah, because Miles never liked it so I am glad to be getting some use out of it finally!). He constantly tries to lean forward and look out from his carseat or stroller while we are out and about and is very interested in watching what is going on around him. He also likes the Johnny Jump-Up and will try to walk around in it and seems disappointed that he never gets anywhere. I suspect that he will crawl and walk sooner than Miles did, probably because our house is much more interesting now since there is a big brother to watch and keep up with. For the most part he continues to be what I would consider a very "easy" baby. He very mercifully is an awesome sleeper, usually waking only once over night to eat and some nights making it all the way until 5:30 or 6 before eating. He still gets some evening fussiness and has a hard time going to sleep for the night on his own (Miles had this same issue, and I'm not sure if it is due to "nurture" or "nature") and usually requires a lengthy bedtime routine that includes lots of holding, bouncing, and putting back to sleep. Because of the way Tommy cried for hours (literally) for Benjamin on nights that I worked, I am not very encouraged to try letting him cry it out yet because I think he will not cry himself to sleep with any brevity. I am just going with his pediatrician's recommendation to for now try to continue making bedtime a positive experience since he may have a lot of negative associations with it from nights that I was gone at work. I am thrilled to say that his eye seems to have strengthened itself and it does not appear that he will need to be our little eye-patched pirate for Halloween this year, as adorable as that would have been. Anyway, this sweet little baby is doing great and I already can't remember our life without him! The joy in our little house just keeps growing with our boys!






No comments:

Post a Comment