Sunday, August 24, 2014

Mr. Miles Turns 4

 This big boy turned 4 on July 19th. 

We had a family party with the Johnson relatives and Aunt Sandae who represented the Onofrio Michiganders. Miles received a bunch of nice gifts, but of course one of the favorites ended up being a hand-me-down plush dragon from Aunt Sandae that sings "Wild Thing." I told her we are gifting it back to her family once she has her own grand kids. That is if Benjamin doesn't secretly toss it in the dumpster first.



For the first time ever Miles also had a friend party, which I was too busy running around at to take any pictures. I will just say there were dinosaur cupcakes, a slip n slide, and a pinata in the new back yard, and best of all there was no crying so I would say it was a success.

Miles is just growing in every way! At 4 years old he:
-Loves Legos, dinosaurs, wrestling, and monster trucks
-Says he is going to be a monster truck driver, scientist, and doctor when he grow up
-Can recognize about 75% of the alphabet and write the letter M and a couple of others
-Loves to be read to and look at books even alone, but doesn't care to write much. He lately is really into the Bernstein Bear books.
-Can ride a regular bicycle with the training wheels and really zips around on his scooter
-Is pretty much the most gregarious boy I've ever met. He will talk to anyone and makes friends wherever we go.He is not shy in the slightest and enthusiastically wants to participate in anything going on.
-Still is a little rough on his brother at times but has also learned they can have a lot of fun playing together. He is the leader of all their mischief.
-He just generally has a happy, energetic personality and makes me laugh every day.

I love this boy so much and am so glad he is mine. Being a parent is hard so I'm extra grateful that he has such a happy, forgiving personality!





1 comment:

  1. What's with our family and those singing stuffed animals? Mom and Dad gave us this ridiculous rabbit that sings an Easter song. I want to run over it with my car. Anyway, Happy Birthday, again to Miles. Aren't friend parties exhausting? Lucy really wants one this year...I need to find some ambition. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete