Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend recap

Saturday night was my first full shift back at work since Miles was born. I was supposed to work Wednesday night, but the hospital census was low so I only ended up working the "front half" of the shift and went home at 1 am. I have to admit I was dreading going back to work, even though I like my job. I just hated the idea of leaving Miles all night and stressing Benjamin out. From my end, though, the night actually went really well. I was assigned to work in the NICU (newborn ICU for you non-medical people), and had a really tiny baby to take care of. The baby had been born extremely extremely early (at 25 weeks) and had been in the hospital for months after having a very rough go of things. Miles looks like a GIANT compared to this little girl. Anyway, a lot of the night consisted of me just holding her, which left a lot of time for reflection, and I couldn't help thinking of how grateful I am for a healthy family. I also kept thinking about how if I was going to work and be away from Miles, there was absolutely nothing I would rather be doing than helping the adorable kids at my wonderful hospital.





The only bad thing about work was that it left me too tired to go to church on Sunday. In fact, the whole family was wiped out. Miles and Benjamin had a bit of a rough night, with Miles waking up every 1-2 hours starting at 2am. (Last night he only woke up every 3 hours, though. Progress!?!?) Anyway, so none of us made it to church. Luckily I don't have to work Saturday nights very often, so don't worry, Mother, we aren't going inactive or anything. Anyway, in the afternoon after we finally got ourselves up and together for the day we went for a drive up Mill Creek Canyon and it was so beautiful. The colors were just brilliant.


One last photo, because Grammi in Michigan has been asking for more pictures of Miles. I took this this morning before Miles and I went running. Luckily Miles likes the jogging stroller--I am not sure what we will do once snow starts falling on the ground. Do they make chains for stroller tires?


1 comment:

  1. Cute blog Shelly. When you make a friends list add me: http://scotttammytaylor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete