1. For my birthday I "asked for" from Benjamin (aka bought myself from Amazon) a camera that I still have no idea how to use because I can't bring myself to read the book that came with it. The thing is that I have always hated figuring out on my own the finer details of using anything electronic. I am happy to learn from someone else, but reading the manual just bores me. Take for example the very techno-savy Droid phone that my dad gave me as a hand-me-down about a year ago. Although I of course use it every day, I actually utilize probably one-billionth of the capabilities of the phone. All I use are the basic phone functions and the internet on it. Even the ringtones I use are the stupid ones that came with the phone. This week Benjamin got basically the newer version of the same phone, and already he has downloaded dozens of apps, found free cool ring tones, figured out how to put music and video on it (can you believe I hadn't even figured that out in a year?), etc. I'm ashamed even writing that...Anyway, so I have this neat new camera, and although I have experimented taking pictures with it on different settings, I actually have no idea what any of them actually mean. Aperture? Huh? Seriously I know nothing about cameras. What I need is some sort of online cameras-for-dummies tutorial. Does anyone know of anything like that that I could check out?
2. Miles has no costume for Halloween, poor baby. I had a great idea for a costume that I saw in a magazine (a garden gnome, wouldn't that be adorable!?) but then I found out the ward decided not to do a Halloween party this year, and we haven't been invited to any parties at anyone's house, and since Miles goes to bed by 6:30 and doesn't eat candy we won't be going trick-or-treating, so it just seems pointless to put in a bunch of time and money into something that no one else will see and, lets be honest, Miles couldn't care less about. But I still feel a little bad since it is his first Halloween and all. At least his doting Grammie sent him some cute Halloween socks and a "first Halloween" bib that I will dress him in so he will be somewhat festive for the holiday.
3. I ate at least 10 no-bake cookies in the last 24 hours. They were divine if I do say so myself. Thank goodness for the gym and breastfeeding (hmm...I wonder if it's okay to say "breast" on a blog post...)
Enough confessions. Now pictures. These two are among my recent favorites taken with the new camera. I don't have a clue what setting I had them on when they were taken... And to all of you who are sick of seeing pictures of just Miles, my apologies, but he has some grandparents who can't ever get enough pictures so everyone is going to have to enjoy.

Trying out the Johnny Jump-Up. He didn't quite get that he was supposed to kick around in it, but he liked just standing in it and looking around.

Just being happy looking at his mobile. I got a him a super cheap mobile from Ikea a while back and hung it above the changing table and he LOVES it. Even if he is fussing when I put him on the table and he notices the mobile he immediately starts cooing and is happy. Yey for cheap entertainment!
What kind of camera is it? :) I could probably help you out or give you some pointers... Are you trying to learn how to use it on settings other than auto? Miles is super cute by the way so I'm sure no one minds all the pictures of him! At least I don't. I hope you are doing well! Motherhood definitely sounds hard. Something to look forward to someday :).
ReplyDeleteI love this picture of him...what a sweetie. Good luck with your camera...what did you get?
ReplyDelete