You probably felt the same way if your family is even a molecule as wonderful as mine.
Here are highlights of the weekend:
Cami arrived home from her mission! It was an absolute disaster getting her and everyone else home, poor girl. We had a huge blizzard that passed first through Elko, then through Salt Lake City, so first Tina, Mike, and Amy's flights all were cancelled from Salt Lake to Elko, and then later that night, Cami's flight from California to Salt Lake was rerouted to Las Vegas, and then finally was brought into Salt Lake hours and hours late around 2 am. My dad picked up the first load (Tina, Mike, and Amy) in his truck and drove them back to Elko Tuesday night (yes, even though the airports were closed, my dad thought a blizzard would be suitable to drive through. If you know him at all, that makes perfect sense to you). I had to work Tuesday night, so Benjamin, Miles, and I weren't planning to leave until Wednesday afternoon, which actually turned out to be a blessing because Cami was able to ride with us to Elko (the flights at the airport were so screwed up they wouldn't have been able to get Cami on a flight until Thanksgiving day, two days after she was supposed to arrive in Elko!) Anyway, long story short, Cami arrived safely back in Elko. Cami, I am so proud of you! My own life has been blessed and testimony strengthened because of your mission service.
After Cami's release, we spent the rest of the weekend just goofing around and eating way way too much.
Daddy and Mike taught some of us how to play racquetball (Benjamin couldn't go because he had to study). It is a mystery to me how my dad is such an athlete yet I somehow have absolutely no hand-eye coordination, finesse, endurance, or remote semblance to athleticism. Good thing my sisters are willing to put up with my shenanigans.
Mike and Benjamin "saving the world" videogaming. Actually, Mike was the only one that really played, but he gave us a sneak peak into the World of Warcraft. Mike, I love you dearly, but I will have to paddle you with a belt if Benjamin ever starts playing that game because of your influence.
Miles absolutely LOVED all the attention he received all weekend. Between Grandma, Grandpa, and the adoring aunts, I don't think he spent a single second where he wasn't being cuddled, played with, talked to, smiled at, tickled, rocked, bounced, doted on, and just plain spoiled the whole time. I was surprised that he wasn't going through withdrawls today.
I am so blessed.
I know how you feel, aren't families the best? Heavenly Father really knows what He's doing.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You look amazing in your raquetball outfit!
ReplyDeleteShelly, you forgot to include a snapshot of Tina's rainbbow jellow, haha! No coverage of that colorful, delicious delight that she spent hours slaving over? haha
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVED the picture of Miles and Grandma. You should have it framed for her for Christmas. Priceless. Miles is so old looking. I hope we can do tons of spoiling as well. Wonderful post. I know your folks are happy to have their entire crew home once again! (I'm pretty sure B has played that wow with TO and Co) Can't wait to see you all Love, MOm
ReplyDelete