Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The weigh-in

Can you believe it--Miles had his four month check-up and immunizations yesterday! I was a little surprised that he only weighed 15 lbs 14 oz, as he feels much heavier now than he did at his last appointment when he weighed just 2.5 pounds less. With his current weight he is in the 75th percentile, as he also is for length at 25.25 inches.

I, on the other hand, am hoping that my weight is headed the opposite direction from Miles's (namely, down). However, it snowed yesterday and was in the 30s all day today, so I'm afraid the jogging season is about over, which means being active is about to become a whole lot more difficult. Unfortunately Miles does not seem to be nearly as entertained by my staggering around our living room attempting to do kick boxing as he was by the stroller rides he received when I went jogging. Actually, a few days ago he was in the Johnny Jump-up while I was doing a taebo video, and I started laughing because I felt ridiculous from my lack of coordination, and Miles joined right in and started laughing along with me. I think he thought I was ridiculous, too. If only he thought I was funny enough to keep entertained for 30 or 45 minutes, then maybe I could actually complete a whole video uninterrupted...

On a positive note, Miles started solids today! Well, theoretically he did. Dr. Lam, our pediatrician that I adore, gave us the go-ahead to start rice cereal this week, so this morning half-way between feeding times we gave it a try. I think Miles may have eaten one or two molecules is all. Every spoonful I attempted to put in his mouth he immediately spit out. We only tried for a few minutes because I figured there was no point in making it a miserable experience for us both and having Miles end up totally resistant to ever eating solids. We will try again in the morning.

And I couldn't resist adding one more picture. Aren't they both handsome! I'm a lucky gal!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE them. Thanks for the pictures I want to be able to recognize that handsome sweetie at Christmas!!!! He really is a Johnson bobble head on an Onofrio Cementbone body. Those overalls are what my boys lived in at that age. So so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete